So that we can assess your suitability, please provide the following:
- Cover letter
- Clearly outline your Australian citizenship, and Australian Government Security Clearance Level
Please Note: Candidates that do not address the application requirements will be deemed unsuitable.
Security Clearance Requirements
The successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen currently holding a government security clearance at the minimum of NV2 level.
Penten is composed of security experts and talented hardware, network and software engineers providing world leading solutions to exceptional technology challenges.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled network engineer to join our innovative, fun, and productive team to:
- design and implement new network-based security solutions,
- contribute to the security requirements and architecture, and
- identify and remediate communications and security issues
Our ideal candidate will support the integration and delivery of security designs into Penten’s secure communications services platforms, by applying your security and/or network engineering knowledge, and using a variety of hardware, network, and product security techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of remote and mobile secure communications
- Support the design and build of secure gateways
- Work with other experts to help define secure solutions for all our platform interfaces
- Identify impacts of new requirements or issues to architecture or other design aspects and work with team members to propose solutions
- Design and implement network components, including equipment procurement
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve problems
- Continually research new technologies and educational opportunities
- Resilient and the ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Architect, implement, and maintain network solutions that provide core infrastructure including private cloud and integrate with services and systems running in virtual private and public cloud infrastructure
- Communicate with team to identify needs, monitoring performance, and troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues with network and systems
- Create, revise, update, and maintain documentation of environment and operational procedures
- Create reports and documentation outlining fault findings and solutions
- Other tasks as directed within the persons skills, competency, experience, and capabilities.
- Become part of the team of staff that provide escalated on-call duties when scheduled.
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, with a focus on network engineering, industry experience in information systems
- Network engineering experience in gateway environments
- An understanding of risk management, and Australian Government information security requirements
- Strong Cisco experience and proficiency implementing network architectures
- Professional certifications (CCNP, JNCIE-ENT, Network+, WCNA)
- Proficiency with infrastructure devices, including switches, routers, wireless access points, controllers, and firewalls
- Expertise in designing, monitoring, and fault finding local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN)
- An analytical mind and the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Understand and configuration of wireless communications and real-time media streams
- Understanding of Cryptographic deployments and the accountability of key material
- Capturing configuration and rationale in documentation
For more information, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org