About the role
Reporting to the General Manager Business Development, the Business Development Manager will develop and maintain relationships across Defence, Government and other customer sectors in order to drive the sales cycle of our products. Our products are technical and unique, so your ability to understand our offering and to effectively convey the benefits to our customers will be paramount to your success. You’ll be very comfortable engaging with a range of stakeholders including Executives, CIOs, CISOs, product developers and engineers, both external and internal to Penten.
- Create and nurture relationships in Defence, Government, industry, and other customer sectors to continue to build awareness of Penten and our capabilities
- Lead and drive the entire sales cycle and nurturing opportunities to provide new revenue or sustain existing revenue with growth opportunities
- Demonstrate our capabilities to stakeholders by translating our solutions into business impacts and outcomes that accelerate their transformation and goals
- Manage the relationship with the customers and communicate their needs back into Penten to support ongoing product development
- Attend key industry events in line with the business strategy
- Deliver responsive and effective business development activities to support customer needs.
- Work closely with the Business Development team members to support innovative campaigns which advance our position as a leader in product and delivery.
- Continuously build industry and technical knowledge to enable you to bring innovative industry solutions, benchmarks and references to clients and to Penten.
Who are you?
We have a firm and unwavering commitment to providing the highest levels of customer service. We are committed to delivering what we say we will. Your success in this role will be contingent on your;
- Ability and proven track record to engage with senior executives, product developers and engineers
- Delivery of the full sales life cycle, from lead identification through contractual stages and ongoing account management
- Learning the technical detail quickly. The work we do is unique, but you’ll need a background in tech/IT and government/defence business development
- Experience working collaboratively and successfully with a broad range of stakeholders across government and defence
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Being able to handle multiple projects, priorities and manage competing deadlines
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a small team and provide exceptional service to the business
This role requires the successful candidate to be an Australian citizen with a current AGSVA NV1 security clearance. Preference may be given to applicants with a higher clearance. Successful applicants may be requested to submit a clearance at a higher level.