So that we can assess your suitability, please provide the following:
- Cover letter
- Clearly outline your Australian citizenship, and Australian Government Security Clearance Level
Please Note: Candidates that do not address the application requirements will be deemed unsuitable.
Security Clearance Requirements
The successful candidate must be an Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance at the minimum of NV2 level.
We are seeking an experienced Contract & Commercial Manager to take the lead on contract negotiations. You will be accountable for the management and administration of all commercial contracts, ensuring all stakeholders are engaged, while partnering with Finance on pricing, and Growth and Marketing on their sales strategy. You will be the key contact for our external Legal Counsel and other third party vendors as appropriate. Your superior understanding of contracts, and ability to drive results through effective collaboration and stakeholder influencing will enable your achievement of superior commercial outcomes for the business.
You will have broad and interesting work to do, ranging from detailed ASDEFCON negotiation, software end user license agreements, teaming and partnering through to navigating the new world of Artificial Intelligence contracting.
You might be working in a law firm and looking to restore some work life balance. Or in a commercial role in Government but wanting to build a corporate career. Or a defence prime and want to experience actual building, not reselling.
Whatever your background, you’re ready to experience working in an amazing Australian company building deep tech to make a difference to our clients in defence and national security. You’ll work alongside incredible experts in cryptography, quantum, electronics engineering and AI. Here at Penten, we invent, create and scale. We don’t take something built offshore and repackage it. So if you want to do, not follow – give us a call.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contract Negotiation – Lead commercial negotiations with Penten clients to deliver agreed financial and legal outcomes, and favorable terms and conditions. Advise on contract language and terms to protect the organization’s interests. Oversee the contract change process.
- Contract Creation, Administration and Closure – Implement, own, and manage a repository for the storage of all Penten contracts. Track key contract dates, such as renewal and termination dates. Ensure that all parties involved in the contract adhere to their obligations and responsibilities. Manage proper contract closure process.
- Vendor and Supplier Management – Negotiate and maintain selected third party commercial or supplier agreements (including but not limited to reseller / channel agreements, manufacturing subcontracts)
- Legal Engagement – Liaise with Penten’s legal counsel for review and advice on selected commercial matters.
- Risk Assessment – Identify and assess potential risks and legal issues associated with contracts. Develop strategies to mitigate and manage risks to protect the organization.
- Compliance and Audit – Ensure that all parties adhere to the terms and conditions of the contract. Conducting regular contract compliance audits to identify and address any deviations.
- Pricing and Profitability – Support the development of pricing and commercial models and rate cards to ensure that all Penten projects and deals are delivered in line with agreed margin and profitability targets.
- Sales Strategy – Support the development and implementation of go to market approach and sales strategies to achieve revenue and profit targets.
- Proposal Development – Support Penten teams in the creation of proposals and tender responses through the provision of commercial and contracting advice.
- Commonwealth Panels – Manage Penten’s membership of selected Government contracting panels.
- Reporting and Documentation – Generate and maintain records of contract-related data and performance metrics. Prepare appropriate on contract status, risks, and performance for management.
- Other tasks as directed within the persons skills, competency, experience, and capabilities.
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
- Qualifications in one or more of Commercial, Finance, Accounting, Law (Highly Desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in commercial/contract management and negotiation.
- Expertise across contract management, law, and general contract administration.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- High attention to detail and focus on robust processes and controls to manager customer contracts.
- High level of customer centricity with the ability to manage the needs of the customer and Penten to drive the right business outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Resilient and the ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
For more information, please email us at: Pentenhr@penten.com