About the role
We are building our business development and marketing function, and this role will report to the General Manager Business Development and will lead Penten’s external and internal communications. This extends to managing and supporting the CEO’s communications, external media engagement and internal communication. We need someone with excellent stakeholder engagement, research, writing and organisational skills, who can work efficiently and independently to manage multiple tasks concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
- Provide strong strategic leadership and advice on communications, social media, media and public affairs requirements
- Effectively grow and nurture a diverse range of media stakeholder relationships including within government
- Develop and deliver communications content and plans for campaigns, company initiatives, commercial success stories and stakeholder engagement programs
- Engage with teams across our businesses to identify story angles and develop content for company-wide news
- Creating and sourcing inspiring and engaging content that counts
- Writing long-form communications, presentations and internal content
- Producing short-form content for social, events and digital signage
- Work with our Graphic Designer to develop digital content for various use such as events, internal communications, social media, recruitment, investor relations
- Lead for Penten external website (content placement and site changes)
- Support key projects and events in the broader Business Development team as required.
Who are you?
- Demonstrated experience in promoting an organisation and managing reputation through effective media relations
- Tertiary qualifications in Media/Communications and/or Public Relations and experience working within the technology and defence sectors
- Knowledge of contemporary media and communications mediums and an ability to apply this knowledge to complex issues and a diverse audience
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing targeted media campaigns across a range of platforms
- Excellent written and communication skills with an ability to create and manage creative media campaigns that support the delivery of Penten’s strategy
- Experience developing and delivering an internal communications program
- Comfortable using online tools like Confluence, Jira, Teams as your primary method of communication
This role requires the successful candidate to be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Preference may be given to applicants with an active clearance. Successful applicants may be requested to submit a clearance at a higher level