Founded in 2014, Penten is a multi-award winning global technology leader in cyber solutions for government and defence. Our mission is to deliver new Defence and security technologies for the future fight. We work with exclusive clients to solve the hardest cyber challenges of tomorrow, and support complex transformations in the digital age. We have a rapidly growing team, led by a passionate executive team with extensive expertise in cyber security, ICT, engineering, communications and Defence.
What’s important to us is pretty simple: you, the work we do and who we do it for.
We know that the job you do is only part of who you are, so in the time you spend with us you will feel connected, empowered and enabled.
You’ll find a place where your opinion matters, your contribution is valued, and your uniqueness is celebrated. A workplace that is diverse, equitable and inclusive, representative of various backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
As for the work you will do? It is important, exciting, challenging and consistently ground-breaking, helping to shape a safer future for all of us. You’ll build things that didn’t exist, and you’ll do it at pace, with plenty of space to collectively test, fail and reflect. And the learning never stops, with formal and informal professional and personal development only ever a conversation away.
Due to the sensitive nature of what we do, a positive security culture is essential, but this doesn’t stop us from having fun. When you join us, you will find a workplace that is energetic, friendly, rewarding, exciting, supportive and only mildly obsessed with cake.
About the role
You will work with project stakeholders and controlling authorities, applying your knowledge and expertise in communications security policy and operating procedures, to a rapidly growing business with a strong pipeline of future projects.
Working as part of the COMSEC team and supporting delivery of our suite of secure mobility capabilities, you will be responsible for the receipt, custody, handling, accounting, distribution, safeguarding and destruction of all COMSEC material and equipment held on charge. You will ensure all COMSEC accounts are maintained in accordance with policy issued by Defence Cryptographic Authority (DCA) and the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD). You will also engage with relevant internal and external stakeholders to identify expectations and concerns and develop a clear understanding of the issues to achieve outcomes.
- Perform cryptographic accounting; re-key duties, checks and destructions.
- Conduct required audits, inspections, and group activities.
- Provide support to COMSEC Incident Reporting and Investigations.
- Perform accounting processes, procedures and audits associated with COMSEC devices and material.
- Manage material and equipment spares and future holdings.
- Ensure all accountable COMSEC material is managed in accordance with policy defined by the controlling authority.
- Ensure all items are properly safeguarded and managed in a manner that prevents loss, damage or compromise.
- Ensure all personnel involved are in accordance with policy, daily routine is conducted and that records are maintained accurately.
- Maintain accurate records of all COMSEC transactions via CARDS and manual ledgers.
- Submit justification and conduct briefings for personnel to be provided COMSEC General Access.
- Provide training for personnel in the handling and accounting of COMSEC material.
- Provide COMSEC related advice to key personnel within the organisation.
We are seeking an experienced Communications Security (COMSEC) Account Manager to work as part of a dynamic, fast-paced team supporting the delivery of world-leading products and services to the Australian Government. Based in Canberra, the COMSEC Account Manager will be responsible for managing and maintaining Penten COMSEC accounts in accordance with applicable policy.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience working with, COMSEC policy, operating procedures and responsibilities, having completed applicable COMSEC training
- Recent experience in a COMSEC position spanning accounting, personnel access, provision of training, physical security and incident management.
- Initiative and experience to analyse, plan, review and adjust priorities and work activities to meet business outcomes, in a fast paced and fluid environment.
- Strong written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work with initiative to support teams achieve required outcomes.
This role requires the successful candidate to be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Preference may be given to applicants with an active clearance. Successful applicants may be requested to submit a clearance at a higher level.
We know that everyone has diverse needs and circumstances, which is why we make it easy to access a range of generous and personalised benefits. These are designed to support your unique life stage, responsibilities, aspirations, and ways of working – ensuring you can achieve your best in a way that works for you. \
- Early riser? Later starter? Parent? Student? We have flexible working options to suit everyone.
- 26 weeks paid parental leave, inclusive of all genders, locations, family structures or circumstances
- Unlimited sick, carers and domestic violence leave, because the health and safety of you and your loved ones comes first
- Unlimited reservist leave tosupport your military commitments
- Learning and development opportunities to help you grow professionally and personally.
Penten embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Interested? Apply now, or for a confidential discussion please call Chelsea Holton on 0410474586.