We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join our team.
Founded in 2014, Penten is a multi-award winning global technology leader in cyber solutions for government and defence. Our mission is to deliver new Defence and security technologies for the future fight. We work with exclusive clients to solve the hardest cyber challenges of tomorrow, and support complex transformations in the digital age. We have a rapidly growing team, led by a passionate executive team with extensive expertise in cyber security, ICT, engineering, communications and Defence.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated and detail orientated Financial Accountant to be part of a fast paced and collaborative finance team. Based in either Canberra or Perth, you will provide accounting and financial support to our business.
What’s important to us is pretty simple: you, the work we do and who we do it for.
We know that the job you do is only part of who you are, so in the time you spend with us you will feel connected, empowered and enabled.
You’ll find a place where your opinion matters, your contribution is valued, and your uniqueness is celebrated. A workplace that is diverse, equitable and inclusive, representative of various backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Due to the sensitive nature of what we do, a positive security culture is essential, but this doesn’t stop us from having fun. When you join us, you will find a workplace that is energetic, friendly, rewarding, exciting, supportive and only mildly obsessed with cake.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing fortnightly and monthly payroll runs for 140+ employees
- Preparing receivable invoices and following up on outstanding receivables
- End of month Balance Sheet, and project cost allocation reconciliations
- Preparation of work papers for interim and end of financial year financial statement audits.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management reports, product pricing and costing models and budgeting and forecasting processes
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual FBT return
- Supporting the implementation process of a new ERP system
- Providing support on capital matters
- Providing financial support to internal business units
- Supporting the Financial Controller and Head of the Finance Business Partnering team with a varied range of activities
You will have:
- Qualifications and demonstrated work experience as a Financial Accountant
- Have strong attention to detail, computer skills and the ability to prioritise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Have high attention to detail, be organised and a true team player
This role requires the successful candidate to be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Preference may be given to applicants with an active clearance. Successful applicants may be requested to submit a clearance at a higher level.
Penten embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
For more information about this role, please contact Kirsty Spence, People Partner on 0477 684 479 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org