About the Role
This role reflects the strategic vision and ambitious growth agenda for Penten. Reporting to the CEO and as part of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), the General Manager Business Development will lead the customer engagement and business development strategy for Penten across Government, Defence and Business.
Leading the Business Development team, the role will conceptualise and develop strategies for the capture of opportunities and will play a crucial role in the development of Penten’s sales performance and processes. This role will nurture strong relationships with large and complex customers through demonstrating Penten capabilities and translating into solutions and outcomes that accelerate their transformation and goals.
This role will be key in supporting Penten to scale as an organisation and will drive results by unleashing creativity and accountability in a performance-oriented culture among a group of diverse and talented individuals.
While it is essential that the General Manager Business Development bring efficient and effective systems to support our growth agenda, is it also critical that the team retain the core values and integrity that drives the Penten mission.
- Work in partnership with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team to achieve the global strategic plan and cultivate the values of Penten throughout the organisation
- Lead, mentor and grow the Business Development function at Penten
- Develop and lead the entire sales cycle, including the development of mature repeatable offerings to accelerate adjacent, horizontal and vertical client adoption across Government and Defence
- Engage with senior customer executives and business partners to foster strong and meaningful relationships at all levels
- Understand the key Government and Defence drivers and priorities to identify early opportunities to shape customers and accelerate their co-investment and early adoption future technologies
- Lead the bid and tender process and engage with multiple stakeholders across Penten and external partners as necessary to structure and execute on proposals
- Drive the strategic positioning of Penten and/or products and offerings trade and industry events
- Lead the marketing and communications team across both business development and internal Penten opportunities
- Continuously build industry and technical knowledge. Bring innovative industry solutions, benchmarks and references to senior costumer executives that drive greater efficiencies, optimisation and increase customer satisfaction
- Anticipate market changes and influence key stakeholders to adopt Penten solutions early
This role is an executive leadership role within Penten and will require a strong people orientated leader with the ability work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- In-depth knowledge of the various customer drivers and a detailed awareness of the competitive environment, coupled with experience in performance-based contracting, management and negotiation
- Experience in budget responsibility, financial reporting and active financial control of a business unit
- Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving strategic sales and BD targets, by resourcing, building, managing and leading opportunity capture and bid development teams
- Understanding of marketing and communication strategies and how these support the sales/bd process
- Deep understanding of Defence and Government policies and procurement mechanisms
- Experience working within technology and/or IT industries
- The ability to lead pragmatically within an organisation experiencing change
- Demonstrated strong executive management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, seek advice, be objective, think critically and work as part of a team
This role requires the successful candidate to be an Australian citizen with a current AGSVA NV2 security clearance. Preference may be given to applicants with a higher clearance. Successful applicants may be requested to submit a clearance at a higher level.
Please submit your CV and cover letter via the link, or to arrange a confidential conversation please email email@example.com