About the role
The Head of Logistics (HoL) reports to the Chief Financial Officer and assumes accountability for Penten’s integrated logistics support (ILS) lifecycle from strategy development through to the execution of day-to-day ILS operations. The logistics function is a critical link in both the Penten and customer supply chains, and support systems. The HoL leads a dedicated team to enhance support system constituent capabilities for Penten, our products, and related client contracts.
This is a senior role with a range of responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Management of a small and dedicated logistics team
- Management of the company inventory account
- Management of logistics supply chain requirements setting, analysis and selection
- Management of risk to ILS services including, but not limited to, risks to the supply chain.
- Management of international import and export management compliance.
- Develop and implement solutions, and provide advice and recommendations in relation to complex logistics support problems
- Development and management of strong internal and external stakeholder relationships, with a particular focus on suppliers.
- Development of ILS plans and documents in accordance with the project master schedule, contract data requirements lists and any applicable data item descriptions or client templates.
- Contribute to sound financial governance by tracking procurement costs against estimate at complete and internal budgets, and provide advice in relation to cost of goods sold.
- Contribute to new business by analysing requirements, preparing tender quality bills of materiel and rough orders of magnitude, providing advice in relation to support system concepts, and authoring ILS aspects of tender response documents.
At Penten we value the breadth and depth of experience that our people offer. We are seeking people with a good mix of technical competency and personal capability. Specifically, we are looking for people with:
- At least five years’ experience managing teams within a logistics, commercial, or related business administration discipline.
- Undergraduate qualifications within a logistics or business administration
- Negative Vetting Level Two (NV2) security clearance.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation
- Superior business partnering and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to drive organisational transformation and process improvement.
- Proven ability to apply advanced analytical skills to identify problems and implement solutions to complex ILS issues on time and within budget.
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions and priorities to effectively operate in a fast-moving business environment.
- Postgraduate qualifications within a logistics or business administration
- At least five years’ experience working within the Defence or National Security and Intelligence industry.
- Experience working as an Integrated Logistics Support Manager (ILSM) delivering capital acquisition and sustainment projects and/or services for Defence or National Security and Intelligence industry (below the line).
This role requires the successful candidate to be an Australian citizen with a current AGSVA NV2 (or higher) security clearance.