About the role
What You Will Do:
- Design novel and sovereign systems by building a capability roadmap, and prioritising engineering effort, based on an understanding the market forces, customer needs, and capacity of the engineering team.
- Act as a primary expert on Radar EW systems, across a range of products.
- Engage with a range of technical experts from the community to ensure that the products continue to meet their needs.
- Educate Penten product development team on terms and language, technology and tradecraft.
- Coordinate the evaluation of new product features.
- As part of a team, help to generate and maintain product deployment advice to maximise their effectiveness.
- Support product demonstrations and training.
- Develop and maintain white papers, blogs and other communications.
- Research new Radar EW and radar systems technology.
- Present ideas in forums, either individually, or as part of a team.
What you are unlikely to do:
- Sales representation of international product
- Technical expertise in radar and radar EW systems
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Radar EW and/or radar operation, maintenance and/or system design is highly preferred
- Must be able to effectively communicate at all levels (executive leadership and technical support teams) within Penten and to clients.
- A passion for Radar EW
- A desire to support others through better product development
- A calm, thoughtful and team-oriented approach to problem solving
This role requires the successful candidate to be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Preference may be given to applicants with an active clearance. Successful applicants may be requested to submit a clearance at a higher level.