Founded in 2014, Penten is a multi-award winning cyber security company. Our mission is to deliver new Defence and security technologies for the future fight. We work with exclusive clients to solve the hardest cyber challenges of tomorrow, and support complex transformations in the digital age. We have a rapidly growing team, led by a passionate executive team with extensive expertise in cyber security, ICT, engineering, communications and Defence.
As for the work you will do? It is important, exciting, challenging and consistently ground-breaking, helping to shape a safer future for all of us. You’ll build things that didn’t exist, and you’ll do it at pace, with plenty of space to collectively test, fail and reflect. And the learning never stops, with formal and informal professional and personal development only ever a conversation away.
Due to the sensitive nature of what we do, a positive security culture is essential, but this doesn’t stop us from having fun. When you join us, you will find a workplace that is energetic, friendly, rewarding, exciting, supportive and only mildly obsessed with cake.
About the role
We have a new opportunity for a Senior System Administrator to join our growing team. Reporting to the ICT Infrastructure Manager, you will be part of a small and collaborative team which supports our business through performing day-to-day maintenance and repairs, including software and computer installations and upgrades, routine automation, security maintenance, troubleshooting, training, and technical support for the organisation.
As the Senior System Administrator, in addition to being a technical expert, you will be mentoring our less experienced team members and be a sounding board for solutions, guidance and advice.
This role is part of a small team which is critical in maintaining essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware. This is a varied role and you will be working all areas of our business so there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
Who are you?
- You are interested and enjoy working in IT, and have the experience to work with our business to take initiative and problem solve.
- You will have experience working in high security IT environment and experience in implementing robust secure systems and networks utilising Linux, Windows, Virtualisation and Microsoft Exchange.
- It would be great if you had some experience with or knowledge of automation and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures and system performance-monitoring tools.
- Have a passion for mentoring, supporting and developing less experienced team members.
- You will also be required to be on call and potentially work a rotating roster to ensure we are able to support our business.
These roles require the successful candidate to be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Preference may be given to applicants with an active NV2 security clearance. Successful applicants may be requested to submit a clearance at a higher level.
We know that everyone has diverse needs and circumstances, which is why we make it easy to access a range of generous and personalised benefits. These are designed to support your unique life stage, responsibilities, aspirations, and ways of working – ensuring you can achieve your best in a way that works for you.
- Early riser? Later starter? Parent? Student? We have flexible working options to suit everyone.
- 26 weeks paid parental leave, inclusive of all genders, locations, family structures or circumstances.
- Unlimited sick, carers and domestic violence leave, because the health and safety of you and your loved ones comes first .
- Unlimited reservist leave to support your military commitments.
- Learning and development opportunities to help you grow professionally and personally.
Penten embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
To apply now or for more information, please contact Kirsty Spence, People Partner on 0477 684 479 or email email@example.com.