Founded in 2014, Penten is a multi-award winning cyber security company. Our mission is to deliver new defence and security technologies for the future fight. We work with exclusive clients to solve the hardest cyber challenges of tomorrow, and support complex transformations in the digital age. We have a rapidly growing team, led by a passionate executive team with extensive expertise in cyber security, ICT, engineering, communications and Defence.
Our Secure Mobility team at Penten is growing! We are looking for a range of software engineers and systems integration developers, to continue working on our secure mobility products to solve our clients’ evolving needs by empowering them with flexible access to classified and sensitive information. At Penten you can build your future, so if you are motivated, like problem solving, and can work collaboratively in a team, then this could be the place for you!
What’s important to us is pretty simple: you, the work we do and who we do it for. We know that the job you do is only part of who you are, but we always have your back.
Working with government and Defence means that the things we build are essential, not only for the people we’re building them for, but for the people whose safety and security they protect.
Due to the sensitive nature of what we do, a positive security culture is essential, but this doesn’t stop us from having fun. When you join us, you will find a workplace that is energetic, friendly, rewarding, exciting, and supportive.
About the role
Due to growth in our business, we have new opportunities for Software Developers. In this role, you will:
- Develop applications that enable management of Penten products at scale in enterprise environments
- Work with a dedicated team of people to ensure solutions are top quality and robust enough to survive even the most inquisitive users
- Have the opportunity to work on all layers of each application the team is responsible for, from building the base Linux operating system, to working on back end micro services and developing user interfaces
We are all about growth and opportunity so have something for everyone. You will start off by working on areas you are familiar with and then we will support you to branch out once you find your feet.
- Understanding of secure coding practices
- Knowledge of common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Understanding of input sanitisation requirements/defensive coding
- Understanding of how to protect exposed interfaces and reduce the attack surface
- Experience developing in/for secure operating environments
- Ability to work under pressure and with changing client requirements
- Experience/Willingness working with a geographically dispersed team
- Experience developing using a revision control system
- Experience using a workflow similar to Gitflow for code work
- Hold – or ability to obtain – an NV2 clearance
We know that everyone has diverse needs and circumstances, which is why we make it easy to access a range of generous and personalised benefits. These are designed to support your unique life stage, responsibilities, aspirations, and ways of working – ensuring you can achieve your best in a way that works for you.
These roles require the successful candidate to be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Preference may be given to applicants with an active clearance. Successful applicants may be requested to submit a clearance at a higher level.
To apply now or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a discussion with one of one friendly team members.