The Systems Engineer will work with Penten customers and internal stakeholders to deliver product and project outcomes. In this role, the Systems Engineer will apply systems thinking and a customer focused perspective to the development of Penten products. System Engineers will collaborate with the various engineering disciplines and project stakeholders to manage the technical scope of the project.
This systems engineering role is within the Applied AI team supporting their product and project activities.
Duties and responsibilities
This role has the following responsibilities:
- Flexibly tailor systems engineering approaches to add value to the development of Penten products.
- Evaluate complex systems to define the stakeholders, environment, system boundaries and interdependencies with other entities.
- Collaboration with stakeholders (both internal and external) as required to achieve project and product outcomes.
- Working with the product managers to ensure the needs of the various stakeholders are addressed by the product or project.
- Elicit, analyse and document stakeholder needs and requirements throughout the lifecycle.
- Derive architectural and system views to justify selection of an optimal solution.
- Document verification and validation criteria to achieve system acceptance.
- Contribute to technical risk and opportunity management.
Skills and attributes
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience (professional and/or academic) with systems engineering or product management, work practices and frameworks (eg. ISO/IEC 15288, INCOSE, EIA-632A).
- Understanding the value that a flexible approach to systems engineering can add in an innovation context.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, seek advice, be objective, think critically and work as part of a team.
- The ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with rapid development cycles in an agile environment.
- Experience with delivering technology in a product context.
- A strong curiosity and willingness to continually learn.
Qualifications, knowledge, and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical discipline.
- 7-10 years experience working as a Systems Engineer.
- Demonstrated working experience within the technology or defence industries
- Familiarity with the cyber security domain and technology is highly regarded.
- Experience with the execution of defence projects is a bonus.
This role requires the successful candidate to be an Australian citizen with the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Preference may be given to applicants with an active clearance. Successful applicants may be requested to submit a clearance at a higher level.